The Swiss Softball Nationalteam played at the European Championship Women at Rosmalen, the Netherlands, this week. The Challengers players Simona Cellar and Leandra Simitovic were named into the roster. Switzerland had to face some tough opponents in the Round Robin. Though the Swiss performed well, they had no chance against Italy, Great Britain and Greece. In the game against Slovakia the Swiss blew a 7-4 lead and lost 7-8 after extra innings.
So the Swiss Team played for 17th till 20th place in the second half of the tournament. The players from headcoach Jerome Müller won two of their three last games, as they posted an easy 14-2 victory over Ireland and a 12-6 win over Israel, while they blew a 3-1 lead after six innings against Croatia to eventually lose 3-4.
- Sunday, July 19: Switzerland vs. Italy 0-11
- Sunday, July 19: Great Britain vs. Switzerland 5-1
- Monday, July 20: Slovakia vs. Switzerland 8-7 (8 Inn.)
- Tuesday, July 21: Switzerland vs. Greece 0-8
- Wednesday, July 22: Ireland vs. Switzerland 2-14
- Thursday, July 23: Croatia vs. Switzerland 4-3
- Friday, July 24: Israel vs. Switzerland 6-12
For further informations go to the ESF website.